Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Precious baby.



'Baby hand' by Chirastar available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/chira/3422718555/under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0.

Assalam Alaikum.
We were married for ten years when I got pregnant with my baby girl. I was just 19 when we got married and 30 when we had our first baby. We spent all our vacations seeing doctors and running tests for five years. It was found that I had a Para-ovarian cyst. I had a laparoscopy to remove the cyst. I got pregnant after three months, but had a miscarriage at six weeks. After that I got pregnant again after two years and Allah blessed me with a baby girl. I had to take bed rest for the first three months even though there weren’t any complications. I had terrible morning sickness; actually I had morning, afternoon and evening sickness for the first five months of my pregnancy, (wonder why it’s called morning sickness?)  After that I had worry about placenta preevia  and at seven months I started having contractions. This meant being admitted to have some injections and bed rest for next one month. 

I gave birth to my baby girl on the due date. My water broke at two in the morning and meconium (poop) was found in the amniotic fluid. I was rushed to the labour room and was given an injection through an IV as my contractions weren’t strong enough. My baby girl was delivered at five in the morning. She wasn’t crying or breathing when she was born. She was admitted in NICU for three days and was found positive for Group B Streptococcus (GBS). We had to stay in the hospital for 18 more days as my girl had to take antibiotic shots twice a day. It was the most painful experience of my life, to watch my baby getting those shots and having her cannula changed almost every other day. I can’t describe how happy I was when it was all over and I was able to bring her home. 

Alhamdulillah, she is a happy and healthy one year old now.





No comments:

Post a Comment