Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gadhoo



Assalam Alaikum,


Last week we visited my husband’s family in Gadhoo. We took a flight to Kaadehdhoo Airport and a speed boat to Gadhdhoo, normally it would have taken just one hour in a speedboat but we had to stop at three more islands. Alhamdulillah, weather was nice and the sea was calm until we arrived, but from the very next day onwards it was rainy and windy. We had to cancel our plans to go to the beach and the picnic to a nearby island.  My baby girl really enjoyed the trip. We both enjoyed the fresh air and some open space.



A peek at the sea.


"Toothbrush island"

This used to be a separate island when I visited the first time, 12 years back. There was a shallow lagoon which could be crossed by foot, during low tide, joined with Gadhoo for land expansion. My husband calls it "toothbrush island", but now the toothbrush shape is not as defined as there is no sea between the islands. I have some fond memories of  picnicking in this island with my husband and some friends. We crossed the lagoon on foot and it was a bit frightening for me but we had lots of fun.

The road  near my sister in-law's home




But,I'm glad to be back. Home,sweet home.


Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment